While theoretically all Pokémon should be able to undergo the morphing process, certain species are restricted on Pokemorph MUSH. Applications for any of the unavailable species will likely be rejected, so it's best to inquire before writing your application.
- Pokémon that have not yet appeared in a core Pokémon game in the USA cannot be applied for until the game is released in the USA, and the Staff has made a decision regarding availability.
- Dark-type Pokemorphs cannot be First Gen; more information is available below.
- Zorua or Zoroark characters must read the Illusion article before applying, to understand the abilities and limitations of Illusion on Pokemorph MUSH.
- Reverse-morphs, that is, Pokemorphs created by morphing a human, are unavailable.
- Finally, characters created by any interbreeding between a human, Pokémon and/or Pokemorph are not allowed, as per our theme. None of these three are compatible; please don't go there.
The following species are available, but are restricted on Pokemorph MUSH for various reasons. This means that your application for any of these species must be impressive if you hope to be approved!
- Pokemorph species that have several existing characters already on the MUSH. You are still free to apply for any of these species, but your application must be exceptional to be approved for an overpopulated species (whether 'morph or 'mon). They are as follows:
- Arcanine, Blaziken, Charizard, Eevee, Jolteon, Lucario, Ninetales, Raichu, Rattata, Sneasel, Umbreon, Vaporeon
- While there are certainly humans living on Pokemorph Island, the dominant population is most certainly Pokemorphs. Human characters are considered overpopulated.
All Full or Half Dark-type Pokemorphs
- The first version of the Change was fatal to any Dark-type Pokémon, and as such, no Dark-morph can be First Generation. The sole exception is an Umbreon-Morph, who could evolved after being morphed as an Eevee (though even such an evolution was often fatal to First Gens).
- All Spiritomb characters have certain regulations and restrictions regarding this species; please read the Spiritomb article before applying.
The following Pokémorph species are considered unmorphable for various reasons, and unavailable as a 'morph character.
- Some Pokémon that have a pupal stage in their evolutionary line cannot be morphed while in that state; they must start life as a 'morph at their previous evolution, or after they evolve out of their pupa. See the page on Bug-types for information on how this difficult evolutionary stage is handled for Pokemorphs.
- Kakuna-Morph (must start as Weedle-Morph)
- Metapod-Morph (must start as Caterpie-Morph)
- Pupitar-Morph (must start as Larvitar-Morph)
- Silcoon-Morph and Cascoon-Morph (must start as Wurmple-Morph)
- Shelgon-Morph (must start as Bagon-Morph)
- Whirlipede-Morph (must start as Venipede-Morph)
These Pokémon have never been successfully morphed for various reasons.
- A single Ditto-Morph was created, but all further attempts to replicate the success have failed.
- Cryogonal, Electrode, Exeggcute, Ferroseed, Klang, Klefki, Klink, Klinklang, Lunatone, Luvdisc, Solrock, and Voltorb
- Attempts to morph these species have failed; popular theory is that they lack enough body mass for the Change serum to translate into an anthropoidal form. Note that some of these species have evolved forms that can be morphed successfully; unfortunately none of them have produced Pokemorph children of the same species to date.
- The sheer mass of this Pokémon is simply too great to be supported safely during the Change. No known Wailmer-Morphs have survived evolution to date.
- These are humans that have been turned to Pokemorphs. Only a few were ever created, and the project was ultimately abandoned.
Feature Characters and Legendary Pokémon
Feature Characters (or FCs) are the official characters as established in the Pokémon universe by official Nintendo sources, such as Red, N or Ash Ketchum's Pikachu. Legendary Pokémon are one-of-a-kind on Pokemorph MUSH, and are also considered feature characters. As Pokemorph Island is an isolated landmass, and the presence of a such a character tends to have a dramatic effect on the MUSH's roleplay, FCs are restricted, and will generally only be available to participate in a Tiny Plot. FCs will also only be approved with both prior discussion and permission from a wizard and an astounding application.
- To date, only a single Legendary Pokémon was successfully morphed (see the February 29, 2020 entry). While theoretically possible, no one has been able to successfully capture any of these unique Pokémon, much less get one near any morphing facilities. These species are as follows:
- Arceus, Articuno, Azelf, Celebi, Cobalion, Cresselia, Darkrai, Deoxys, Dialga, Entei, Genesect, Girantina, Groudon, Heatran, Ho-oh, Jirachi, Keldeo, Kyogre, Kyurem, Landorus, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Meloetta, Mesprit, Mew, Mewtwo, Moltres, Palkia, Phione, Raikou, Rayquaza, Regice, Regigigas, Regirock, Registeel, Reshiram, Shaymin, Suicune, Terrakion, Thundurus, Tornadus, Unown, Uxie, Victini, Virizion, Yveltal, Xerneas, Zapdos, Zekrom, and Zygarde