Pokemorph MUSH Rules
By connecting to Pokemorph MUSH, you are explicitly agreeing to follow our Code of Conduct and Rules.
Pokémon and all related names and concepts are property of Game Freak, Nintendo, and The Pokémon Company. This MUSH in no way constitutes any challenges to the copyright nor trademark.
Pokemorph MUSH Code of Conduct
Pokemorph MUSH (or "PMM") is a community of members from around the globe with diverse experiences, beliefs and personalities. Our Code of Conduct aims to help keep our community positive, inclusive, and welcoming to marginalized walks of life. Everyone on PMM has the right to be respected for who they are, and we are dedicated to providing a positive experience for all players, regardless of age, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodivergence, physical appearance or body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, religion (or lack thereof), education, or socio-economic status.
The list below is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but rather an outline of the general behavior you will be expected to have and can expect other players to have on Pokemorph MUSH. As a general rule of thumb: if a staff member asks you to discontinue an activity or behavior, respect this request. If you continue to ignore the requests of a staff member, you may receive a strike or a temporary suspension.
- Be welcoming and respectful; practice empathy and patience. Consider others' experiences, lives and points of view. We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports all walks of life: this includes, but is not limited to, forming a welcoming space for members of any race, ethnicity, culture, social and economic class, education level, gender and gender expression, orientation, age, size, family status, religion, and mental and physical ability.
- Don't be a jerk. Try to be positive! See above and below. Be civil - don't start arguments for the sake of arguing; don't be a jerk about things people like that you do not like. If you disagree with someone, try to understand why - remember we are all different, and the strength of community comes from diversity and empathy. Being unable to understand another's view point doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong!
- Be mindful of your language and the words you choose. Consider channels and public areas on Pokemorph MUSH to be rated ESRB Teen at most. Language and behavior to avoid includes, but is not limited to:
- Excessive and/or frequent swearing
- Violent threats, harassment, threatening and/or demeaning language towards another person
- Racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, ableism or any other language that is intentionally or could be construed as intentionally offensive and demeaning towards marginalized peoples
- Posting sexually explicit or excessively violent material on public channels
- Advocating for, encouraging, or defending any of the above behavior
- While we believe in the power of reclaiming slurs and allow personal usage of such on PMM chat channels, we do ask that you only use slurs in which you, personally, can reclaim, and in self-reference only; please be mindful of how using even reclaimed slurs may impact others. Keep the above points in mind when reclaiming slurs, too!
- If someone asks you to stop - be it certain actions, discussing a particular topic, or so on - STOP.
- Don't engage in overtly sexual behavior in public spaces or chat channels. PMM is not a sex MUSH. While we do allow adult-oriented RP to take place in private, locked rooms, it must be between consenting adult players. By "adult-oriented RP" we mean any RP that is explicitly sexual, sexually suggestive or sexually-charged in nature, or otherwise focused on or more than incidentally involving, any sexual discussion, conduct or paraphilia(s). It is your responsibility to determine all players involved are 18+ years of age before engaging in any solicitation or RP. Erotic role play (ERP) is not the focus of PMM.
- Keep spoilers off public spaces or chat channels, with the sole exception of the +Spoilers channel. If in doubt whether discussing a plot event or the like is a spoiler, use the +Spoilers channel (you are welcome to invite people on other channels to move to +Spoilers with you to join the discussion).
- Keep discussion of political and/or religious topics to a minimum in public spaces and chat channels. If you'd like to discuss 'hot topic' issues - particularly if someone has asked you to stop, but you'd like to continue with other player(s) who are mutually interested in carrying on with the discussion - you are welcome to move it to pages (private messages), or use the OOC Danger Room. You can get to the Danger Room by typing OOCC and then DR on the MUSH.
- Don't powergame or godmode in RP; don't be a bad faith player. We're all here to have fun; remember that roleplaying is a collaborative effort, not a solo story! There’s no score, and no possible victory. Have fun!
- Don't "doompost." By which we mean: continuous venting in public spaces or chat channels, or joking about "dark" topics (such as suicide, self-harm, rape, sexual assault or hate crimes). Everyone has bad days and many people suffer from any number of mental or physical conditions; some venting on occasion is fine! However, Pokemorph MUSH is not intended to be a free, on-demand therapy service.
- If you are struggling with mental health and suicidal ideation, we urge you to check out the following resources:
- https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/ (LGBTQ friendly, has online chat or SMS text options)
- https://translifeline.org/ (for trans persons in the USA & Canada)
- http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/ (Worldwide international crisis centers)
Pokemorph MUSH Rules
- You will follow the Code of Conduct for Pokemorph MUSH.
- You may not impersonate any administrator or representative of Pokemorph MUSH or Pokemorph.com.
- You may not violate any local, state, national (USA) or international law or regulation. This includes (and is not limited to): using communications on Pokemorph MUSH to arrange for exchange or transfer of any illegal or contraband materials (including pirated software); uploading or transmitting any material of which you do not hold the copyright or have express written permission to share or transfer from the author or copyright holder; or engaging in any sort of sexual discussion or conduct with underage players (persons who are under 18 years of age).
- You may not modify any part of Pokemorph MUSH not normally authorized for player level accounts. You may not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the server running Pokemorph MUSH and/or Pokemorph.com. You may not exploit any bug in Pokemorph MUSH that would allow you to bypass any restrictions normally in place for player level characters; and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug or modification to any other user of Pokemorph MUSH, except to administration, so that it may be reviewed and corrected.
- You may not post or communicate any person's real world, personal information within Pokemorph MUSH or Pokemorph.com without express written permission of that person.
- You may not log on to any Player Character that you yourself have not expressly applied for and been approved for. You may not share, transfer, or give away any Player Character to another individual without prior approval from the PMM Staff.
- You agree that any and all information transmitted to Pokemorph MUSH and Pokemorph.com grants Pokemorph MUSH the non-exclusive right to use or review such information, including, but not limited to: character concepts, literary and descriptive works, and visual images, in a manner related to the progress of Pokemorph MUSH and Pokemorph.com, as seen fit by the administration of Pokemorph MUSH.
- You agree to abide by any and all decisions given by any member of the Pokemorph MUSH administration, whether made by direct transmission, public or private posting of said information, as by any means verifiable as having come from Pokemorph MUSH administration.
- You agree to hold Pokemorph MUSH, Pokemorph.com, the administration, and the servers running the above services unaccountable for the actions of any player, including, but not limited to, actions that are against the above mentioned rules. The administration, servers, and services cannot be held legally liable for any defamation, harm, or damages caused by other players or the use of Pokemorph MUSH to you, your computer, or any other possessions owned by you, whether physical or intellectual. Pokemorph MUSH, Pokemorph.com, its administration, and the servers hosting the above services may not be held liable for any repercussions of using its services.
Staff decisions and answers are law on Pokemorph MUSH, and must be obeyed as such. All information on the wiki is considered canon and finite in the Pokemorph MUSH world, unless stated otherwise by Staff. Any questions about theme or the game that are not answered on this website can be paged to any on-duty staff, or @mailed to any active member of staff. Suggestions to improve the theme or the MUSH in general are also welcomed to be paged or @mailed!
If you experience or witness unacceptable behavior, or breaking rules on Pokemorph MUSH, or simply have any concerns - please report it by either contacting email@example.com or on-duty Staff. All reports are handled with discretion. It helps us if you include the following:
- Names of any individuals involved. Your account of what occurred, and if you believe the incident is ongoing. Logs/screencaps of interactions are highly recommended, particularly in private correspondence (pages or whispers).
- Any additional information that may be helpful.
All reports are handled with discretion: we respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victim(s) of abuse or other ill behavior.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If an individual engages in unacceptable behavior, PMM Staff may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a permanent ban from our community without prior warning.